mardi 25 février 2014

Blogable?

This is only the second post on my blog, but I've already leaned something: taking outfit pictures is definitely not something easy. My first intuition was to try taking them in front of the "traditional" white wall background, but nothing good came out of it. How is somebody supposed to know how to pose without anything to hold or to inspire a posture. It resulted in awkward looks, clenched hands and no smile to be seen. My boyfriend and I then browsed my favorite blogs in search for inspiration (I'm really glad there are such amazing bloggers out there that you can turn to when in need of ideas). By analyzing  the composition of a few pictures we managed to figure out how most outfit pictures where put together. Strong force lines, few but clearly delimited color zones in the background and "accessories" to avoid the unwanted I-don't-know-what-to-do-with-my-hands position. The pictures we came up with are far from being perfect, but they look way better than our original white background attempt. My boyfriend used the word blogable to describe them and I though it was quite accurate. By no mean do they look professional, but they are good enough to be posted on a blog in my opinion. 
The outfit itself is not something I put a lot of thoughts in. It's a simple casual weekend outfit. I do really like the association of the monochrome dress with the oxblood tights though. The dress is from H&M and its purchase was enabled by Lily Pebbles (although the cat print was certainly my main motivation for buying it!). Another blogger enabled purchase is the orangey red lipstick I'm sporting in the pictures (In love with Ginger by Rimmel), which was a Vivianna Does Make up inspired buy (I do sometimes buy stuff without spotting it on somebody else beforehand, I swear! :-) ). The boots are my go-to, comfortable-as-sleepers boots which are from the french brand Jonak.
Have a nice day!

Mathilde






Dress: H&M
Tights: H&M
Boots: Jonak
Lipstick: Rimmel Moisture renew in In love with Ginger

Aucun commentaire :

Enregistrer un commentaire

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright if cats wore lipstick 2017