lundi 17 novembre 2014

Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette



I have a thing for Urban Decay palette. The first palette I ever bought was the original Naked which I've used on countless occasions. The quality of their shadows is never disappointing and the packaging always looks on point. I also have a thing for limited edition make up products. So the combination of these two facts naturally made purchase a palette that I certainly did not need, but really wanted: The Vice 3 Palette. I think what sold me was the combination of the two external "columns", that constitute perfect neutral looks, with the colorful middle shades that you can use to spice up your eye make up. 
In the pictures below, you will find three looks that I created with the palette ranging from a very subtle everyday look to a full-on colorful smokey eye. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I had fun playing with these shadows!

Look 1: the "classic" smokey eye


For this look I used Angel allover the lid, Sonic on the outer half of the lid and Bondage to darken the outer corner. Then I used Truth on the brow bone and added a mix of Bondage and Angel on the lower lash line. That is my Christmas party look sorted out!




Look 2: the neutral look
(I had an awfully hard time trying to capture this look on screen. It looks really patchy in the photos, but it is actually very pretty and perfect to wear with a red lip)


For this loom I used Undone all over the lid, DTF in the crease, Reign as a liner (works best when used wet) and Last Sin on the lower lash line.





Look 3: the colorful smokey eye


For this dramatic look I started by applying Vanity into the crease, then put Freeze all over the lid. I used Defy mixed with Revolver to darken up the outer corner and Truth on my brow bone. On my lower lash line I applied Reign and Vanity and added Last Sin in my inner corner to bring light to the eyes. This is definitely not something I would wear every day, but I could be quite fun for a party, paired with a simply outfit. Plus I love how Last Sin looks in the inner corner! It's such a beautiful muted gold, definitely one of my faves from this palette.



P.S: If there is one thing I learned from this, it was that eye photography is freaking hard, so please do not pay too much attention to the quality of the pictures (especially for the second look!) :-)

Aucun commentaire :

Enregistrer un commentaire

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright if cats wore lipstick 2017