samedi 15 octobre 2016

Out of the Zone #1: Purple Lips


I am definitely in an experimenting phase when it comes to make up, that's why I want to introduce a new series of post called "out of the zone" in which I try various types of make up products that are not part of my comfort zone. After glitter and false lashes in my latest video, the next step was lips and even though buying lipstick is an activity that do almost as frequently as going grocery shopping, I am definitely guilty of sticking to my mauvey pinks and rosy browns with an occasional red or hot pink. But lately, with the beauty market overflowing with blue, green or grey lip products, I have started to consider purple as a not so out of the box color. You will find my purple lip picks below. Some are pretty wearable, others are pretty scary but still fun to pull off once in a while!


Mac Violetta: I love it! The shimmery finish makes it a great option for thinner lips.

liquid lipstick, tarte

Tarte Tarteist lip paint in Yass: When this line of liquid lipsticks came out this was the shade that interested me the least. Now that I have tried it I actually find it not that scary and I could definitely pull it off in my daily life.


Urban Decay Vice lipstick in Pandemonium: A little bit patchy, but stilla gorgeous evening (or day) shade.

Ariana Grande

Mac Viva Glam Ariana 2: Looks more pink on the lips than it does in the bullet, but still a very fun, brightening shade.


Make up for ever C506: This almost doesn't classify as a purple. It leans more toward the dark red end of the spectrum, but there's still a hint of purple in it that make it a great vampy lip option.

Loaded bolds

Maybelline Vibrant Violet: Unfortunately not available in Switzerland, but a good wallet-friendly alternative to Violetta.

liquid lipstick

Nyx Liquid Suede on Amethyst: This one has a lot of blue in it, which makes it a real standout shade. let's say I'll keep this one for parties or nights out :)


Urban Decay Vice lipstick in Bittersweet: This a very wearable purple. Great for every day!

Aucun commentaire :

Enregistrer un commentaire

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright if cats wore lipstick 2017